GEM JOB OFFERINGS
GLOVER EMPOWERMENTOR - EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Full-Time- Organizational Program Manager
SALARY/CONTRACT: $36,000 to $38,000, 32-40 hours per week 1.0 FTE. Nine (9) month contract,
April-December 2019 (Continuation based on grant funding). Position includes medical, dental, vacation, sick leave, and holidays. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The GEM Program Manager (PM) is under the direct supervision of the Glover EmpowerMentoring Executive Director. The GEM PM is responsible for the daily implementation of all program policy for GEM Programs. By working with individual program staff, this responsibility includes - but is not limited to - implementation and oversight of program policies and protocols, all case management supervision and specific related staff trainings. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Serves as primary contact point working with officials of funding agencies regarding client services as needed.
• Assist in organizational grant writing.
• Maintains proactive relations with other service organizations.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of emergency resources and network organizations.
• Responsible for coordinated scheduling and access for outside agencies providing services.
• Provide direct supervision and on-site training for all staff assigned.
• Attends and participates in all staff and manager meetings to include client Case Conference.
• Conduct regular GEM program staff meetings.
• Provide policy and procedure guidance to subordinate staff.
• Responsible to ensure primary case management services to clients.
• Reviews and approves case managers requests for direct client assistance.
• Respond to emergency situations that may arise, making decisions within policy guidelines, as necessary.
• Attends public meetings as directed.
• Generate monthly, quarterly, annual and periodic statistics and reports as required.
• Prepare general correspondence as needed or requested.
• Perform other administrative functions as requested. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Two years of direct social service experience with low income, at-risk youth and families. Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling, education, public administration, business, or related social services field (Master’s Degree preferred or a combination of education and/or training and/or work experience which provides the ability to perform the essential functions of the position). Valid WSDL and safe driving record. 2 years related supervisory experience. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Ability to gather, analyze, and use data to create, manage, and evaluate various programs to meet the needs of the GEM organization. Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and operate within programs. Ability to develop and implement pro-social skill building activities; knowledge of Asset Development model; knowledge of different cultures and refugee/immigrant history and relevant issues which impact the minority community; knowledge of the juvenile justice system and the public school system; extensive knowledge of alcohol/drug, mental health, and youth gang issues; knowledge and life experience within the communities served; strong written and oral communication and grant writing skills. Bilingual helpful.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Hiring Personnel at email@example.com or to Glover EmpowerMentor, P.O. Box 6471, Kent WA 98064-6471.
Open until filled
An equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for people with disabilities provided upon request.